Affiliate rewards increased; Full steam ahead with Pterodactyl.io; Greater data security

Affiliate rewards increased; Full steam ahead with Pterodactyl.io; Greater data security

After some discussion it has now been agreed that affiliate rewards should be increased from the once measly 5% on kickbacks of every sale referred by yourself to a much greater 10% instead, effectively doubling what you earn. The previous reward amount just wasn’t garnering much interest from the community nor was it fulfilling its purpose too well, which was to reward members for taking a more active part in supporting GekkoFyre Networks. That said, we’d love to hear any and all comments on this change so please let us know what you think!

Due to the rather poor relationship that has almost always existed between GekkoFyre Networks and LiamSystems (i.e. owners of XenoPanel), we have decided to terminate any kind of relationship that we have had with LiamSystems effective immediately and will no longer be supporting their products in any capacity. While we do try not to ‘air our dirty laundry’ for all to see, the most that we can say on this topic is that you should look elsewhere as XenoPanel hasn’t been looked on kindly from a security perspective especially, so we definitely advise any newcomers before putting down the large amount of money required to license it. There are much better alternatives out there, such as Pterodactyl.io which we will now likely be supporting ourselves. We are using Multicraft also in tandem with that or another choice that has yet to be made.

Although I simply feel awful for making everyone wait weeks and even months for us to provide gaming services which are still yet to be delivered, because we were trying to make a shoddy product work to the best of our abilities. We have very high standards for the services and products we provide at GekkoFyre Networks, in terms of both quality and security, but hopefully now we can get somewhere and somewhat quickly at that. I offer my sincerest apologies for making you all wait.

In other news, we now offer better data integrity/security than ever before through the routine backups of your Virtual Private Servers, Zimbra Hosted Email, Shared Hosting, etc. As we now make use of no less than two S3-based storage providers for redundancy in all the backups we create along with our own dedicated backup server in Kansas, United States. This makes for at least three, geographically separate backup points. It should be noted that with some of the backups we create, depending on the type of system you are concerned with, the backup in question may be complimentary to other data redundancy processes going on at the time as we wish for all bases to be covered and if possible, multiple times at that.

Lastly, as an adjunct to the brief mention from before that we are now going to be using Multicraft in our new and upcoming gaming server product lineup, we are looking for individuals who are skilled with playing the game itself and perhaps with running a dedicated Minecraft server even. We require your help so that we may start offering these servers to the furry, otherkin and therian communities and perhaps, even a public server at that for any and all to use though we’d require someone with a bit of free time to administrate the server in question. You can checkout what Multicraft is and its feature-set by clicking here.

If you wish to offer your paw at helping us get this product/service lineup ready and out the door as soon as possible, please either make yourself known in our Official Discord Server, or use the Contact Form on our main website. Thank you!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Christopher McGill

Author by : Christopher McGill

A proud Red whom, despite rarely initiating conversation, does find immense joy in socializing with those that are close and new. A spiritualist by nature. I greatly enjoy the world of amateur radio of which I have only recently delved into, whilst playing the odd video-game on the side or doing some programming. The transceiver I use is a Yaesu FT-450D which operates on the HF range along with the 6 m band, and the antenna is a MFJ-1836H cobweb, of which may be seen below on the About Page of my personal website. More information: https://vk3vkk.io/about-me.html