The Drake Network Announcement; Oddities around GekkoFyre are now Fixed; Clear caches

The Drake Network Announcement; Oddities around GekkoFyre are now Fixed; Clear caches

GekkoFyre is happy to announce the launch of its own Mastodon instance called The Drake Network! Its demographic is aimed at the anthropomorphic (i.e. ‘furries‘), the LGBTQI, and the otherkin/therian communities but everyone is, of course, free to create an account on it. You may read over the mission objective, additional features over other Mastodon instances, and the rules by visiting the About page. We wish for everyone to have a fantastic experience and to be excellent to each other, no more.

But this comes with a new domain registration for us, specifically drake.network and draconic.cloud, with the latter being an alias for our Mastodon instance and anyone who signs-up.

So what is Mastodon? Mastodon can be explained as being basically like a mix of Google+ and Twitter only with less bullies, trolls, and neo-Nazis. It’s also a social network but without all the venture capitalism and big corporatism that you tend to find within others, so don’t expect us to tolerate big business or data-mining of any kind here.

The biggest difference between Mastodon and the likes of Twitter, the now defunct Google+, Facebook, and other ‘commercial’ social networks is that instead of running on servers owned wholly by a corporate entity, Mastodon runs on computers owned by whoever feels like starting their own “instance”. Therefore each instance can set their own policies, code-of-conduct, who else they federate with, which servers they block and do communicate with, and so much more.

If you are the administrator of a Mastodon instance yourself and wish to create a federation relay with The Drake Network, then you only need to fill out this form and submit it to us. We should reply within the next 24-48 working hours. That said, we are already working with a few other furry-oriented instances within the community to create relays independently.

In other news, it also seems we had some oddities around GekkoFyre Networks with regard to how the web-pages were rendered. This was due to the use of Minification which compresses Javascript, CSS, and sometimes HTML even, but it can introduce bugs every now and then into the website that is employing said process. This is especially the case if there is a lot of code in use and it is of a complex nature. So for now, we have disabled Minification and do not plan to re-enable it within the near future. The ‘site theme’ that we employ doesn’t seem happy with the use of it.

If you continue to see oddities around GekkoFyre Networks then we would sincerely appreciate if you could clear your file cache within your browser, please. That should fix any remaining problems.

Lastly, one of our most valued staff members, Arctic Edward, has been promoted to the role of Social Media Manager! His new tasks will specifically involve managing and moderating The Drake Network in my blind-spots (speaking as Christopher McGill a.k.a. Phobos D’thorga here) now that my workload is starting to increase quite considerably as GekkoFyre Networks slowly becomes more popular over time.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,
Christopher McGill

Author by : Christopher McGill

A proud Red/Rainbow Fluffy Derg whom, despite rarely initiating conversation, does find immense joy in socializing with those that are close and new. A spiritualist by nature. I enjoy working with servers as a system administrator and radio transceivers as an individual licensed with amateur radio. My nationally registered callsign is VK3VKK! I love to play video games especially of the business simulation and tycoon variety while I also run my own company/organization in real life called GekkoFyre Networks. Thank you for stopping by my profile! ^,==,^